Pages

Questions to Ask Your General Contractor

Since we are about to meet with potential contractors, we've done some research and found a lot of great questions to ask. Do you have anything to add?

What is your expected payment schedule?
-How much do you require down?
-How much do I keep as retainage until construction is complete?

How will the site be supervised?
-Is there a project manager?
-How often do you visit the site personally?

What is our Timeline?
-How many jobs are you doing?

How do you handle change orders?
-Can I get a written change order to lay out the additional cost and time?

Do you include a Broom Clause in the contract?

How much of the work do you do yourself?
-Who do you sub-contract to?
-Who pays the sub-contractors?
-How are sub-contractors supervised?
-Do your sub-contractors charge by the hour or by the project?

Do you and your sub-contractors have worker's comp?
-Who are you insured with?

Can I visit homes you are currently working on?
-Can I get a referral?

Do you provide a warranty?
-What happens if I have a problem after construction is complete?

Will you obtain all permits?

Can you give me a detailed list of charges including materials and labor?
-Can I get receipts?

No comments:

Post a Comment