Pages

How to Make an Inspiration Board

 
Let me just say this, I am not a designer. I don't know all the rules and techniques of coming up with a perfect space. But because I cannot hire a decorator, I've been doing some research and making my own inspiration boards. Yes, I've become quite the Pinterest junky lately. There are just so many amazing things out there! Not to mention, there are some pretty amazing interior decorators who are sweet enough to post their designs to their blogs so that wannabes like myself can happily pin away!
 
When I'm making an inspiration board for a room I start by thinking about what I want the focal point to be. In this case, it's this awesome fireplace I found on The Lettered Cottage. Then I think about the other prominent pieces that will be in the room, like flooring and furniture. Then I tie it all in with paint and accessories. To make my inspiration boards I use The Inspiration Board, an easy and free online tool.
 
So, what do you think of my living room board? The only thing missing here is lighting. I can't make up my mind as to what type of lighting I want. The living room has 18ft vaulted ceilings. (Help appreciated) Love it, hate it? Have suggestions? Let me know!
 


Fireplace: The Lettered Cottage
Paint Color: Palladian Blue by Benjamin Moore
Flooring: Lowes
Blanket Ladder: Pinterest
Rug: Shades of Light
Chair: Houzz
Sectional: Houzz
Dresser: ETSY
Pillow: Pinterest



No comments:

Post a Comment