Pages

Perfect for the Porch! Table Refinished using Blackberry House Paint

I love to re-purpose and refinish furniture. Taking an old or out of date piece and transforming it into something beautiful and useable makes my little heart sing. I've done projects using regular paint and my homemade chalk paint but when I saw this paint from Blackberry House in a local boutique I decided to test it out. Well, guess what? I love it. It's awesome. It's easy.
 
I found this little table at a yard sale for $12. It was very weathered and at some point I believe it was light yellow or a yellowy cream color. I came very close to leaving it as is and just coating it in polycrylic but it had several water rings on it so I decided to paint it instead. I'm glad I did! It turned out beautiful!
 
 
 
The local shop that I bought this paint from is call 2 Sisters but the creator behind Blackberry House paint is Polly Blair. Here is her Facebook page and her blog. Her creations are fantastic. I'm jealous of her talent and I really hope to meet her one day!! I'd love to have Polly's eyes on the new house when it's finished so she can help me decorate!




I chose the color "Spring Rain" for my piece. I'd like to put this table on the front porch of the house we are building. This color is slightly more green than I had anticipated but I love it! It sells for $13 for 8 oz. I know this sounds a little high. It did to me too but it goes a very, very long way! It's not a chalky paint and is relatively thin. It clings so well! Also, it dries really fast which is good for me. My three kiddos don't allow me to do anything for very long!

To prep my table for the paint, I lightly sanded it and used a degreaser on it. Using a good, soft brush I simply painted the piece going with the grain of the wood. I did a thin all over coat and allowed the finish underneath to show through for a distressed look. There are all types of ways to distress painted furniture but my favorite is to lightly sand the paint away so that the original finish comes through. This type of paint requires a sealer. For indoor use you can use wax but since this is going to be on the wraparound porch, I'm putting a good polycrylic finish on it.

 
 
Here is the finished product! I'm so happy with it; the color is great and oh so shabby chic! I highly recommend this paint for you shabby projects.
 

 
*I am not affiliated with Blackberry House and did not receive product or compensation for my review.

No comments:

Post a Comment